Father's Day Poems for Card, PowerPoint and Video Slideshow

Is it bothering on what gift to choose for Father's Day this year? No matter you are going to send dad a card, or DIY a Father's Day video slideshow or buy some other gifts, you can always read these heart-touching Father's Day poems to dad to say how much you love him. The idea behind these cute and some funny Poem for Father's Day is to say Thanks to your Father for all his care, sacrifices and affection for you.

Poem 1: F. A. T. H. E. R. S.

"F" aithful.

"A" lways there.

"T" rustworthy.

"H" onoring.

"E" ver-loving.

"R" ighteous.

"S" upportive.

Poem 2: What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,

The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun,

The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul of nature,

The comforting arm of night,

The wisdom of the ages,

The power of the eagle's flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,

The faith of a mustard seed,

The patience of eternity,

The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,

When there was nothing more to add,

He knew His masterpiece was complete,

And so, He called it ... Dad



Poem 3: Father's Day


Over the years

As we grow old,

We remember our father

So brave and bold.


In the garden,

Leaning on the plow,

He would listen to me;

I see him now.



He would give advice

And understand;

He was always there

To lend a hand.


God made fathers

Strong and firm,

For he knew our lives

Would have great concerns.


So he gave us fathers

To teach us to pray,

And guide our lives,

And show us the way.


So on his day

Let's take the time

To say "Thanks, dad.

I'm glad you're mine."

Poem 4: A Little Girl Needs Daddy

A little girl needs Daddy

For many, many things:

Like holding her high off the ground

Where the sunlight sings!

Like being the deep music

That tells her all is right

When she awakens frantic with

The terrors of the night.

Like being the great mountain

That rises in her heart

And shows her how she might get home

When all else falls apart.

Like giving her the love

That is her sea and air,

So diving deep or soaring high

She'll always find him there.




Poem 5: Fathers Can Be Solitary Mountains

Fathers can be solitary mountains,

All their love rock-like, steep, and strong.

Though warm and caring, somehow they belong

Halfway home to mothers' bubbling fountains.

Each of us needs love that knows no quarter,

Reminding us of bonds that cross a border,

Strengthening our sense of right and wrong.

Poem 6: Parent's Murphy's Law

1. Parenting is a 24-hour-a-day job with no salary, no raises, no promotions and very few

vacations.

2. Parents are responsible for everything that happens to their children.

3. Guilt and self-blame are occupational hazards.

4. Parents don't get worker's compensation or any other fringe benefits.

5. Parents can never retire -- even when their kids ask them to.

6. Parents "don't get no respect" --until they die--and then it's too late.

Poem 7: Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's day means more

than have a happy day

It means i love you first of all

Then thanks for all you do

It means you mean a lot to me

and that I honor you.



Poem 8: Daddy you are the Best


Daddy you are the best,

although you live in the west.

stay the way you are,

while you're driving your sports car.


You couldn't be a better dad

oh yeah, don't go driving around mad

I love you forever

'cause you're really clever


Even though i puss and shove

I will still show all my love

Poem 9: My Daddy


My Daddy is a mountain

My Daddy is a sea

My Daddy smiles again and again

I love my Daddy

And I know he loves me

'cause my Daddy is a ray of lite

that warms a winters' eve

My daddy is very special to me

I could not live without my daddy

as he could not live without me.

Poem 10: Important Dad

Dad, I remember when I skinned my knee,

You chased away my tears;

If things were hard in school for me,

You helped me through my fears.

When I was old enough to drive a car,

You patiently taught me how;

Your loving care was my guiding star;

You cared then, and you still care now.

So on Father's Day I'll say a prayer,

To thank the Lord that you were there.



BY wallpaperhdi.blogspot.com